Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 23, 2011

Anything can happen

Listen to the Mustn'ts,child,
Listen to the Don'ts
Listen to the Shouldn'ts
The Impossibles, the Won'ts
Listen to the Never Haves,
Then listen close to me --
Anything can happen, child,
Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein


Lately, I have been thinking a lot about possibilities. 

I am a planner.

I'm the type of person that likes to have an idea of where I will be six months from now.

This past week though, I've realized that living that way is slightly crazy.

It is crazy to think that life will turn out exactly the way I plan.

No questions asked. No missteps.

It is crazy to build up certain expectations, only to be disappointed later.

In one of my classes, we talked about an idea called Idealized Thinking.

Idealized thinking is something that we are all guilty off.

We daydream in a boring class and start imagining our lives.



A rockin' wedding


                    Source: tumblr.com via Ashley on Pinterest




 A smokin' hot hubby


                     Source: polyvore.com via Ashley on Pinterest




 A white picket fence






 The cutest kiddos in the universe










             Source: blog.hannamac.com via Ashley on Pinterest




                  Source: in-gender.com via Ashley on Pinterest




                        Source: etsy.com via Ashley on Pinterest




I really think a lot about having cute kiddos.


I'm weird. I know.


..............I could go on forever in my daydreaming.


Today, I learned that this is not necessary a good thing.

I learned that I need to stop planning so much.

Plans are good and keep us on track, but when used in extreme, they limit us.

If we are too busy planning, we are not living. 

I want to embrace my life; come what may.

That is how we grow.

We grow when life throws us a curve-ball. 

We learn when our best laid plans fall through, but we end up some where wayyyy better than we could have ever imagined.

I vow to embrace my spontaneous side more.

I vow to live in the moment and stop analyzing and second-guessing everything.

Who knows, I might be missing out on something great in my quest to define everything.

Missing out on an opportunity to build friendships, love people with all of my heart, and become who I am meant to be.

Not who I want to be, but who God wants me to be.

I need to have open hands and remember that anything is possible.

I'm going to stop limiting myself.

Sometimes, you cannot see what is right in front of you until you relax and just let it be.

Let go of the pressure to be perfect.

The pressure to live up to the expectations of others.

Pattern your life around the Lord and you will never go wrong.

Once you open yourself up to being led, your possibilities are endless.

Anything can happen, so let it.



Quote of the Day



"Don't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling"

Anything can happen, anything can be.


post signature

3 comments:

Emily Sarah Brooks said...

I just came across your blog and I love it! And I love this post! Amen to everything :)

Lita said...

Hi! Thanks Emily! I keep reminding myself to SLOW down and enjoy life. I'm glad you liked it. I love having new followers :)

Ayel said...

the babies are totally adorabbbbllle!!! :)