Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Embrace your imperfections

So, as you probably already know from reading my blog, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

I am so grateful for my Church and for the blessing that it is in my life.

Today at Church, we talked about tender mercies.

For me, tender mercies can be defined as little miracles in your life that help you to know that God is real, and that he is mindful of you.

Perhaps you are having a really hard day and you get a surprise sweet text message from a friend with words of encouragement.

Coincidence, or tender mercy?

Many of you might be thinking, "tender mercy?! You're on crack. That is totally a coincidence". 

For me, something as simple as that is a mini-miracle in my life because it shows me that I am important.

Even if the rest of the world cannot see or appreciate me, I am worthwhile. I am enough.

I am loved and watched over by someone who died to know me.

Someone that sacrificed everything.

A girl at Church shared an experience of coming home late one night during the semester. She was really upset about something that had happened that day.

Her roommates were all asleep, so she just sat in her living room and cried. 

She felt really alone and insignificant.

Soon, she heard the buzz of her phone and wondered who would be texting her at 3 am.

She looked down and it was a message from her dad.

His message contained two words : "Be Strong".

He did not know what was going on in her life at that moment.

He was awakened by a thought that he needed to reach out to his daughter.

So that is what he did.

He did not know the situation, he did not understand why he needed to reach out to her, he just did.

However simple the words, they made all of the difference to her in that moment.

She felt loved. She felt strong.

I am grateful for the tender mercies in my life.

I am grateful for the kindness of friends and strangers.

I am grateful that I can find a silver lining to any day.

However awful a day may be, there are always tender mercies. 

Maybe a cute boy smiled at you as you walked by, or someone complimented you on your outfit.

Maybe someone dropped off warm cookies at your house, or gave you some love in the form of a warm hug.

The tender mercies are there, you just have to look for them.

If all else fails, try to be a tender mercy in someone else's life.

That my friends is the best day brightener of all.





This couple's tender mercy came in the form of a child.

They struggled with infertility and found their answer through a prompting to adopt a child.......



Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy?


Quote of the Day


Haha if only life was that simple :)

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote of the day!

Amy said...

I love tender mercies! Thanks for helping me rehearse that lesson I gave on tender mercies a few weeks ago too! :)