Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 2, 2011

Open Hands



Have you ever experienced something that hurt so much, you never thought you'd make it through?

Perhaps a day, week, month, or year where you could not break through the darkness to see light.

We have all had these moments in our lives and they are not fun.

They are painful.

I was reminded of this fact today as I read one of my favorite blogs, The Wiegands.

This sweet family is experiencing a major loss. The loss of their sweet unborn child.

As I read their story, I found myself crying hot tears for this family that I do not even know. 

I was also inspired

I am inspired by this momma's strength and faith.

Casey Wiegand is amazing and wrote one of my all-time-favorite blog posts entilted "Rough Starts". You should all check out her blog. She is beautiful, pure, and honest.

She talks about holding onto things with open hands.

She shared a beautiful quote that I have loved ever since I first read it on her blog.

"When a woman has a kingdom heart, she has an active understanding of what matters most to the heart of God. She lives in the balance of passion and contentment. She learns to love well, give without regard to self, and forgive without hesitation. The woman with a kingdom heart may have a duffel bag full of possessions or enough treasures to fill a mansion, but she has learned to hold them with an open hand. Hold everything with open hands. I don't think we are ever allowed to grab hold of anything or anyone as though they matter more than the kingdom of heaven. When you hold relationships with open hands, then people come in and out of your life as gifts of grace to be cherished and enjoyed, not objects to be owned and manipulated. And then when you hold your dreams with open hands, you get to watch God resurrect what seemed dead and multiply what seemed small."



I am desperately striving to have a "kingdom heart".


Our talents are not ours

Our loved ones are not ours.

The Lord gives, and the Lord can take.


We are blessed beyond measure to be able to have the friends and loved ones that we do.

Having open hands does not mean that we cannot grieve. A strong person is allowed to feel broken at times.

Open hands mean that we rely on the Savior. We count on him to see us through and to have our best interest in mind, even if we do not understand.

We trust that he loves us enough to give us the trials that we need to grow, but also to enfold us in his love as we suffer through them.

I love the Lord.

I am grateful for my life; good and bad.

As you suffer or watch friends, or loved ones suffer....please remember that pain is personal, but also universal.

Even if you cannot understand exactly how another person is feeling, you can have empathy.

You can remember your own moments of pain and be a source of comfort and strength.

Ultimately, the only person that can truely understand our pain is the Savior.

So, take your pain, your heartache, and your joy and give them to the Lord. Counsel with him about your struggles.

He knows what to do with them.


Quote of the Day


Life is uncertain. But the Savior is constant.

Please keep the Wiegands in your prayers. 


3 comments:

Gail said...

You're post is really inspiring and I feel sorry for their lost. I guess it's the best because God dictated their fate. <3 I am sure He has better plans for that family. And I fell in love with that quote too, i am currently wandering in life and wondering what it takes to be a person that has an open hand. You know, it is really hard to balance things in our life and it is even harder to see your belongings (that includes Loved ones) come and go in our lives. It's hard. That's why we have to be strong that has huge faith in God.

Gail said...

Your post is really inspiring and I feel sorry for their lost. I guess it's the best because God dictated their fate. <3 I am sure He has better plans for that family. And I fell in love with that quote too, i am currently wandering in life and wondering what it takes to be a person that has an open hand. You know, it is really hard to balance things in our life and it is even harder to see your belongings (that includes Loved ones) come and go in our lives. It's hard. That's why we have to be strong that has huge faith in God.

Ayielle said...

What an inspiring post. A child loss is a serious thing. I can't imagine it to myself. The strength of the family is really important... God is always ready to help. thanks for the share.