Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Is that what you had said?"

Yep, this post is so awkward, it necessitated a Bon Qui Qui reference.

For those of you that have not seen Bon Qui Qui...watch and learn.




Let me set the scene for you.

I am Mormon and I go to a little school in good ole' Provo, Utah called BYU, or Brigham Young University.

It was once home to a super gorgeous, talented, b-ball playing boy with mad swag named Jimmer Fredette....but don't even get me started on him. 

So, I'm sitting in my religion class and we have just had a prayer and sang a song.

A boy in the front of the room raises his hand and says...I quote... 


"So I feel really bad asking this question now since we have already had question time, prayed, and sang a hymn....but is it okay if I go to the bathroom to pick my wedgie?". 


...................................................

Umm....say what?

Crickets chirped ,awkward glances were exchanged, and our teacher somewhat bewilderingly granted permission for the guy to leave the room.

The rest of the class was silent and the "is that what you had said?" wheels started turning. 

Surely we had heard him wrong. Surely there was not someone that strange/socially awkward in this world that would ask such a question.

But no folks, it really happened..and it was one of the weirdest moments I have ever experienced in a class.


"Sacurity.....saa-curity. This dude needs ta go....needs ta go".

So next time you feel the urge to censor yourself....please do it and spare me, yourself, and your peers some awkwardness....mmmkay?


Sometimes it is best to keep some things to yourself.


 Wedgies most definitely included.




Quote of the Day



Yep, I have that run down pat!


What is the most awkward thing that has ever happened to, or around you in a class?

post signature

2 comments:

L!$@ said...

A girl meowed in class after cats were mentioned...SOOO awkward! The lecturer stopped because she thought the girl had said something important...she replied "Oh I just made a cat noise". ummmm....awkward turtle right there!!

Lita said...

Oh wow...yeah there are definitely some interesting souls in this world :) But at least it helps with the dull moments :)