Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 22, 2011

So long summer


Tomorrow is the official first day of fall.

I'm so freaking excited people!

When you ask most people what their favorite season is, the common answer is Summer.

I can understand that because summer is fun.

School is out, tans are in full-fledge, and warm nights are spent hanging out with friends, blasting music, and starting up that perfect summer romance. 

I love the beginning of summer, but towards the end, I am so over it!

1. I am finished with arriving at my classes, only to have the shiniest face ever from walking around in the heat.

"Hi. My name is Ashley and I look like I doused my face with olive oil. Nice to meet you too!".

2. I LOVE fall fashion. 

Out come the adorable boots, curve hugging jeans, luscious non-frizzy hair, comfy sweatshirts, beautiful scarves, and layers.....ohhhh so many glorious layers!

3. I love fall colors.

I love seeing the gorgeous red/orange leaves and feeling them crunch under my feet. The air is perfectly crisp, but not cold. You can get by with a light jacket or sweatshirt.

 (cue Miss Congeniality flashback)



4. Halloween. I love Halloween. 

I love hayrides and carving pumpkins. I love apple cider and warm doughnuts.

And come on, what could be better than passing out candy to adorable children in costumes?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

5. I love the smell of wood-burning fireplaces and the coziness of snuggling up with a great book....or with someone special ;)

6. Lastly, fall brings about one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving.

I love the warmth that this holiday brings. I love the food, traditions, and family togetherness.


So...as all of you mourn the passing of summer, be excited!

All of the seasons are amazing and fall is a personal favorite.



Quote of the Day


What do you love about fall?


post signature

1 comment:

Amy said...

stop it. right now. I am weeping right now. NOOooOOOOOOO