Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 29, 2011

You're NOT all that and a bag of chips

Hey kiddos.

I hope you enjoyed your first day of school as much as I did.

Yesterday, I was feeling kinda weird about starting school again.

This morning though, I was excited and once I stepped foot on campus, boy you better believe I felt instantly at home.

There is something calming about passing the statue of the Native American on campus, or seeing the familiar domes of the Library. 

I LOVE everything about BYU's campus. 

I love the beautiful flowers, the shining people, and the peace that I feel there.

I guess I sometimes take my education and where I am receiving it for granted.

I realized this while talking to one of my best friends. Shyler is staying home this year and attending a college in California. She has been so sad lately and texts me about how much she misses BYU.

She misses the people, the standards, and more importantly, the spirit that is felt there.

Now, just a little disclaimer:

There are some meanies on BYU campus.

I'm talking about the snooty, high-maintenance girls that look at the boy with pimples in their classes and immediately look away as if he has the plague. 

The people that bump into you without saying sorry, or even looking back.

Seeing this happen is the worst kind of torture for me because everyone deserves to be treated as a person.

Everyone deserves to been seen. To be acknowledged.

Today, I had soooo many things to do.

I stood in a bunch of lines but you know what? I had a great time.

In every line that I stood in today, there was a guy in front of me that started up a conversation with me.

Now, let me just tell ya...it was so stinkin' hot in Provo today so I felt like a sweaty, melty mess. I chock this male attention up to friendliness. 

I made an effort to smile. An effort to connect to people and show them that even though we are strangers, we can still appreciate each other.

Life is too short to be snooty. We all have talents and gifts, but we need to remain humble. Even if you consider yourself to be the hottest thing on the planet, please be kind.

There are plenty of attractive people of this planet but a truly beautiful person uplifts others, instead of tearing them down. 

So, girl that literally shoved me out of her way to get past me in the hall of a building today....bless your little heart. 

I forgive you.





Do you guys wanna see my new room?

Here's my side of the room

Don't pictures just make a space homey?

Here's the paper banner that I made a while back....do your remember it? Easy peasy :)

You all see that "A" in the corner? I made that little beauty a little while ago and I'm hoping that having it on the desk will motivate me to get lots of A's.


Here is our connecting bathroom....it needs a little lovin'...but it will be cute in no time.

So there you have it.


Hopefully I will post pictures of the rest of the apartment soon. It is still under Operation Beautify :)


Quote of the Day



I hope you guys had a great first day of school :)

post signature


2 comments:

Ayel said...

i hate meanies. but i don't blame them. i need to know their story too why they are meany. :)

i love your bedroom! i love the style and how cute it is! :) good job! ^^

Amy said...

yes I AM all that and a bag of chips...