Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy little paper banner :)

Today, I caught the craft bug, so I scoured the internet for ideas. I wanted to make something that I could hang in my bedroom at college this year. I found this idea for a cute paper banner at My Girlish Wims. Since my bedding is brown and pink, I went with a pink and brown themed banner. These banners are perfect for home decorating, as well as parties.


 I thought that I would do my own tutorial on this project, just in case you would like to make one of your own :)

003

Supplies
-Scrapbook paper
- Double-sided tape
-Ribbon
-Thread
-Scissors

Let’s do it!

1. Take a piece of scrapbook paper and cut it in half.


005

008

2. Fold each half up like an accordion…or paper fan.

009

3. Fold the “accordions” in half at the middle.

011

4. Apply your double-sided tape onto one of your folded edges.

012


Then tape it to your other fan.

013

5. Now, pick up your coordinating, or matching color thread. Wrap the tread around the middle of the fan and tie it so that it is gathered at the middle.

017 

6.  Now, apply tape to the edges and press together.

 (1)

After taping, you will get something that looks like this…let’s call it a sunburst :)

018

7. Now, you punch a hole in the back of your sunburst…pull your ribbon through and tie a knot.

022

8. Congrats! The hardest part is over…and it wasn’t even hard! Now, just make as many sunbursts as you want. Then, cut a ribbon to be your banner and tie your sunburst ribbons to the banner.

003

Now you have something pretty to make any space happy :) When I get my apartment set up, I will have to take good pictures of the decor….until now, you are unfortunately stuck with this picture :(

Quote of the Day

collegeprobs

Social life and grades….without a doubt!


If you guys decide to make you own banner, let me know! I would love to see pictures :)


2 comments:

Amy said...

so cute! I made a valentines banner like this with the accordian paper... I printed out shakespeare sonnets in an old-book-looking font to make them out of, they were really fun!

Also, your blog never updates on my blog-roll, it makes me angryyyyy bah...

Lita said...

Thanks! I never got to see your cute banner :( That is weird that my blog never updates....maybe it is defective!