Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spiritual High

So I feel like I've been away from you guys forever! I'm sorry, I've just been moving in and re-adjusting to life in Provo.

You should have seen me on Friday. I was a hot mess. We moved into our apartment and the set-up of the room was not working, at all!

We rearranged all of the heavy furniture and finally, it was looking better. Afterwards, we had to move in really heavy boxes up flights of stairs. Then, there were a series of other mishaps that left me feeling frustrated, annoyed, and pathetic.

The last straw came when I took a shower before bed, only to discover that the water was ice-cold.

By then, the tears were flowing because I was just so physically and emotionally drained. I sat down on the shower floor and cried. I promised myself that the next day would be better...and I went off to sleep.

You know what though? When I woke up the next morning, the world was set right again. I was happy and I felt more settled and calm.

I went out to run some errands with my good friend Amy, and we had fun spending the rest of the day with each other.

The highlight of the day came when we got together with a friend from Freshman year and we were all reunited again. We gossiped and told stories of the men in our lives and it was just like old times. Even though we hadn't seen each other for a few months, we instantly picked up where we left off. 

I felt like I could finally breathe again.

Today is Sunday, so of course I had Church. Today was the first Sunday in my new ward, and even though I felt lame for being the only one from my apartment to go, it was great. I made some new friends and got pumped for what the ward has to offer.

Despite the stress, life is awesome. It really is. 

I count my blessings everyday and I am soooo lucky. Really, there are many things in my life that go right even when it seems like everything else is a complete disaster.

I am so grateful for friends that make life beautiful and help me to find the light when all I can see is darkness.



I am loved, I am prayed for, and I am truly blessed.



Quote of the Day
I know I would....but ya know what? I can do hard things...and you can too.


Stay tuned for pictures of my apartment :)

post signature

3 comments:

ashley.warner said...

i LOVE that quote.
i just moved this weekend too and i had a breakdown...i think this Provo heat has something to do with it.

i am glad you liked your new ward. i have a new ward too and i am so excited!!!

happy MONDAY pretty lady!

Lita said...

Ash: Yeah me too! That quote just puts everything into perspective. Really? cool! What year in school are you? It is soooo stinkin' hot! I always feel so gross and sweaty! I hope you enjoyed your classes :)

Amy said...

i wuv you.

Did I really just write that? So cheesy. So true.

Although, I'm not sure how I helped you because I am pretty much a hot mess. :( but I'm excited for this year! :))