Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Morning do-over

Do you ever wake-up and feel that your day is already doomed?

Maybe a pimple sprouted up on your face overnight, or you woke up with bed-head that rivals one of Lady GaGa's creations. 

These simple mishaps can immediately give us a case of the sour grapes, the blues, or "the mean reds" as Audrey Hepburn calls them in a favorite movie of mine :)

Today, I came across a blog post on The NieNie Dialogues. In this post, Stephanie talks about waking up, looking in the bathroom mirror, and feeling ugly. 

She felt her tears coming and left the bathroom to head back to bed. She stopped when she saw her husband and children sleeping happily, and peacefully.

"It felt like a big gust of fresh air blowing in my face. Immediately I felt better, then I vowed to change the way the day would start. Because I believe we can do that. We have the power. And it's not easy, I know". -Stephanie

Seeing the people that she loves most in the world was enough for her to feel better. It was enough to help her be at peace and start over.

Check out her story. It is incredible.






I got the opportunity to see Stephanie speak at school last year and it was such an emotional experience. There was not a dry eye in the Wilk Ballroom and the spirit there was amazing!

 I am so grateful for examples like Stephanie to look to. She is truly an example of grace, love, and faith.

So, the next time you find yourself waking up to a case of the mean reds, crawl back in bed, hide under your covers, and yell

Let your frustration out for a second, then climb out of bed as if you are waking up for the first time. 

Walk away, knowing that whatever the day brings, you are strong enough to handle it. There will be a chance for a fresh start again tomorrow :)

Quote of the Day


Life is beautiful.



post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! I love the idea that WE are in control no matter what happens. Thanks for posting!

L!$@ said...

I love Stephanie's story. I liek your plan...I'll just have to put that into effect the next time I need to.

Liz Taylor said...

AW I LOVE THIS! I needed this today, thank you girl. XOXO

Lita said...

Thanks guys! I am motivated to change my thinking...because I have the power to change how I react to things :)

Amanda said...

What a great and touching post, Ashley! Thanks for sharing :)