Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 19, 2011

Dear Ashley


Dear 20 year-old me,

        Yep. You are 20. Can you believe that? I can hardly believe it and I've been with you all these years.

        I thought I would take this opportunity to remind you of what is important to you. After-all, next year you will be 21 and who knows what little miracles you will take for granted then.

         Let's see. Your life is kind of stressful right now. In spite of it all, I want you to know that even though things are tough, you have so much to be grateful for. Never ever forget that. What do you have to be grateful for?.... you might ask. Well the truth is, more things that you can count.

         I know you were bummed about issues with your Financial Aid and at how long it took you to find a job this summer, but you overcame! You were able to take out a loan, which while not ideal, allows you to return to school. You also found a job that you loved and were able to make just enough money to make things stretch.

          Also, Ash, you seriously have the best friends a girl could ask for. Friends that know you, understand you, and never cease to amaze you. Friends that can make you laugh and make any stressful day a little brighter. In a world full of fake people, you certainly lucked out...fo' sho'.

          This summer, you really started to appreciate your mother. You have always loved her and been close to her, but this summer was different. You see the stress that she has been under trying to take care of your grandmother and your heart aches for her. Yet, she never ceases to stop what she is doing to help you run an errand, or complete a project.

            You have a mother that worries about you and looks forward to your call everyday during the school year. A mom that thanks you for calling when you are particularly busy! As if taking just 15-30 minutes out of your day to talk to her is some ultimate sacrifice.

             Most of all, you are loved by the greatest person of all, the Savior. He knows you extremely well and you are always struck by the little reminders that you are priceless.

             A new school year is coming and you will be a Junior in College. ENJOY IT! Work hard, but make memories too. Remember the people that matter most and develop your interests and talents. You, as well as others, will benefit from that more than you can imagine.

P.S. Good luck with your sewing, interior design, and stats classes....word is, they are gonna kick your trash.

Love,
Me

Quote of the Day:

Brooklyn, I know I totally copied this quote from your blog...but it was so perfect!



What words of advice would you give yourself? Think about it.......


post signature


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heavens! It was so weird to see my name in your post! haha. I totally love that. And I love writing letters to myself! I think it helps you gain perspective! Will probably be doing a post on this very soon :) love your blog!

Lita said...

Hahaha sorry to surprise you! I know right? I love reading the letters because it helps me see how much I have grown. Thanks! I love your blog! It always motivates me :)

L!$@ said...

Ha ha I just wrote a letter to my 25 year old self to read in 5 years :D That quote is awesome! I love it :D

Anjelica said...

I need to write myself a letter now. Although I don't think mine can go on blogger :)
And you're taking interior design??? That's so exciting to me! I took all the interior classes I could and I loved them! And I was a T.A. for intro to interiors, so if you need help ask me! Although you prob won't, it's super easy! I wish I could take those classes again!
I'm rambling.

Seriously though, if you need help, ask. And if you're taking design in the home, I have lots of materials if you need help with your project.

Lita said...

Anjelica, thank you sooo much! I might take you up on your offer :) Yeah, I LOVE design so I figured it was about time that I took the class :) What is/was your major?

Anjelica said...

My major is officially art history, but I think I'm changing it to family and consumer sciences education.
Who is your teacher gonna be?

Lita said...

I have Dawna Baugh...Hopefully she is good!

Anjelica said...

I think she's your sewing teacher, who's your interior design teacher?
And when are you taking sewing? because I'm signed up but I'm not quite sure if i'm gonna take it yet.

Lita said...

Opppss you're right! I'm taking sewing 12-1:50 MWF. My interiors teacher is Karla Nielson.

Anjelica said...

That's the sewing lab I'm signed up for! Crazy fun! I'm just not sure if I'm gonna take it though :/
I heard Karla is nice!

Anonymous said...

you are adorable, i absolutely love this little post. :)