Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 31, 2011

"To make you feel my love"

Today I was struck by a quote that was on the program in Sacrament Meeting. The quote is by Joseph B. Wirthlin and he said that “even though the tasks of life become heavy, and although sorrow thrusts a drooping burden upon us, the light that emanates from our Savior beckons us on, undismayed.”

I thought about how the definition of having faith in something is trusting in things that you cannot see. For me, I do not doubt that God is real. For me, that is an absolute. I do not even normally struggle with remembering that Heavenly Father loves me…even when I may be in the midst of trials. But, sure enough, lately I have been lacking faith in his wisdom and in his timing.

I hope that I am not the only stubborn one out there that wants my plans to come together all of the time. I think that of course I know what is best for myself….because the only good things in life are those that you plan and wish to happen. Right? WRONG.

Well, I have definitely started to realize that not everything in life goes as planned, but you know what, sometimes it goes even better than you could have imagined. All of the bad things that I have had to endure in my life have made me stronger, and have taught me life-altering lessons.

That quote was reassuring to me because it lets me know that no matter what, I am loved and looked after. When I can no longer bear the stress and worry, I need to turn it over to the Lord and let him work his magic. I also have to trust that even when I cannot see the path that I should take, he does. When I take a step into the darkness, I will be rewarded with more light and direction.
142

I do not know about you, but I LOVE music. I love listening to a song that describes my mood, or that puts into words things that I want to say…but don’t know how.

Today, I was listening to the song “Make you feel my love” by Adele and I thought that instead of someone singing it to a boyfriend or girlfriend, it could be like having The Lord sing it to you.

When the evening shadows
And the stars appear
And there is no on
There to dry your tears
I could hold you
For a million years
To make you feel my love

or

I’d go hungry
I’d go black and blue
I’d go crawling
Down the avenue
No, there’s nothing
That I wouldn’t do
To make you feel my love



Isn’t that the best feeling ever? Knowing that there will always be someone that loves you no matter what. Someone that loves you at your weakest, in your imperfections. This Sunday I am grateful for knowing that. I am grateful for unconditional love.





Wow! Sorry for that tirade, I just had to get it all out!



Quote of the Day

missing out

I hope my post didn’t seem like a sermon! But how can I not talk about something that brings me sooo much joy?!

Who/What brings you peace?


8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I can totally relate

Lita said...

Thank you Brooklyn! I'm glad....I was feeling like it came off a little preachy..but I was just feeling so grateful and I had to express it :)

Judith Kester said...

Thanks for sharing, boo. And don't stop sharing your insight! Trust me, you don't sound preachy. You sound like the Ashley I love and adore.

Lita said...

Aww thanks Judith! I love you too :)

L!$@ said...

Can TOTALLY relate! I get impatient a lot...bad I know. Heavenly Father really does know best huh! Love the quote too...that's how I feel! :D

Lita said...

Lisa yeah, but we wouldn't be human if we didn't have to learn to trust in something greater than ourselves. Right? thank you soooo much for your comments! They really brighten my day :)

Liz Taylor said...

Beautiful post... I am reading it on this Monday morning and it is definitely adding a nice start to my week <3

Lita said...

Liz thank you so much! I am glad that I could make your Monday a littler brighter :)