Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 22, 2011

The time I utterly failed at making a smoothie…and almost died in the process…

Once upon a time, my roommate Amy and I were in the middle of an intense study sesh. All of a sudden, we realized that we were both jonesing for a nice cool, refreshing strawberry smoothie. So we did what any responsible college student would do: ditched studying and got to work on that craving!

We scoured the tiny fridge in search of rations. Together, we were able to produce vanilla yogurt, milk, strawberries, and ice (well really the freezer produced that but same diff!). Next, we pulled out our trusty blender and got to work.

In went the strawberries, and the yogurt….next came the ice and some milk. Life seemed great. Fairy-tale like even….until Amy shrieked and I looked at the blender, only to see massive liquid draining onto the counter and splashing us in the process. We discovered that the bottom of the stupid blender wasn’t screwed on quite tight enough. Clearly not our fault......ahem.

Exhibit A:

26903_1379380001830_1151814614_1191893_5628449_n (1)
*please ignore my retainer and lack of make-up…it was past mid-night…and unfortunately, I need beauty sleep :)

We fixed the problem and keep pushing forward. Finally, our hard-work was about to pay off. We were practically drooling at the though of drinking our wonderful concoction. We clinkled classes and smiled at each other as we took a sip. Words cannot express how great  freakin’ nast that smoothie was! Can you guess what the problem was?………yep, the milk was spoiled!

Ok, I’m going to let ya’ll in on a little tidbit about me. I HATE milk. Like I cannot drink it without chocolate or something in it. I can occasionally deal if I am drinking it with cake or something…but if not, I gag and get the hebejebbes.

So couple that hate of milk with the fact that our smoothie had been CONTAMINATED with spoiled milk, and you can imagine that I was a very unhappy girl.

Being the strong, hungry girls that we were….we weren’t going to let that little roadblock get in our way! We tossed the vom-inducing smoothie down the sink and after thoroughly washing the blender, got started on round 2.

This time we played it safe and used just ice. We cautiously lifted the glass to our mouths and finally destroyed that craving.  

26903_1379380081832_1151814614_1191895_220241_n
While ideally it would have been nice not to have to go through these problems just to make a smoothie….I’m glad that it happened this way. I will always remember almost peeing my pants from laughing so hard. I am also happy that I did not die from spoiled milk poisoning (scientific huh?) Today, Amy is one of my closest friends and I am grateful for the fun that she adds to my life :)

Quote of the Day

telescope 
“cause we gon’ rock this club…we gon’ go all night….we gon’ light it up, like it’s dynamite!”…….

What is one of your favorite college memories?


7 comments:

brooke field said...

hey there, thanks for visiting my blog! and i love making smoothies but be careful :)

Anonymous said...

you are adorable!! one of my favorite college memories is when my friends all came over and we had a (lds style!) lady gaga party! we played just dance in our heels and everything it was so fun!

Lita said...

Brooke: No problem! Thanks for checking out mine...and I definitely learned my lesson. From now on the milk will be thoroughly tested :)

Brittany: You are sooo sweet! Umm...I want to be in your circle of friends...because that sounds sooo fun! I'm way impressed that you were able to play in heels, I can barely play barefooted :p

Amy said...

Ummm LOVE IT. Seriously I feel honored and this was super fun to read. :) ahhh sometimes I miss freshman year.. but only the fun parts, not all the parts that sucked a lot... haha

Lita said...

Haha yeah we definitely did come CRAZZYYY things :) I'm sad that we're already juniors :( How did that happen?!

Holly said...

I've always tried all of your cooking Ashley, but after this story I am a little worried!! Please don't feed me anything with expired milk!
LOVE YA!
Hollister

Lita said...

Haha no worries! I always sniff and sip the milk before using so you're good to go :)