Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lets make something together..shall we?

As girls, we are always on the hunt for something new and cute. My newest obsession has been with headbands.

My mom was gracious enough to model some of the ones I have made :)






Sophie decided to get in on the action.


Today, I thought it would be fun if we made one together :)

What you will need:
1. Hot glue gun, or a needle and thread (I prefer the glue because it is faster...and let's face it, I'm lazy...)
2. Fabric of your choice
3. Felt
4. A cute button


Now that you have your supplies gathered...we will start by cutting 6 circles out of fabric. This will be the base of your flower. You can choose whatever sized circle you would like. I used this template to make mine.


Next, cut out 5 smaller circles, using the template that I gave you, using a different, coordinating fabric. I chose to use lace.


After you have all of your circles ready, the fun begins. Take a large circle and cut a slit into the middle.

Then start folding. Fold a corner over to the front, then fold over to the back..and repeat until you have one petal. If you are using glue like me, glue every-time you fold the fabric over in order to make the fold stay. (I hope that makes sense and since we're all BFF's here, please ignore my chipped nails)



Once you have all of your big circles folded and glued, it is time to assemble the base. I formed a circle, and glued my felt to the circle.


Then, I started making my second layer. Take your small circles and use the same folding/gluing technique as you did with the large circles. Glue those to your base.


After that, add a cute button, and you're good to go! I decided to tie in my base fabric by making a button out of that. Attach your flower to a headband, and voila! A new accessory :)



I hope this made sense...this is my first time making a tutorial. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Happy Crafting :)

post signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

so cute!!!

Eleanor said...

Oh my goodness!!! You are so cute Ash! I am glad we were roommates so I could learn about your awesomeness!!!