Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 1, 2011

Good Life

Yesterday, I was feeling very stressed out...like pull-my-hair-out stressed.
Lately, I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for tuition and all of my living expenses at school. I have been feeling like nothing is working out.
Deep down I know this is not true. I have so much to be thankful for.
I look at other people that are struggling with so much, and I get angry at myself.
I get angry that I am sitting around feeling sorry for myself when there are families that have a loved one risking their life to protect our freedom.

I get angry at myself when I see ads for starving children. Really, I have been so blessed.
I now have a job, which I am SO incredibly grateful for.
In spite of knowing that things could be much worse, I still found myself feeling down.
I was on my way to pick up one of my bestest friends Holly for an evening out, when the song "Good Life" by OneRepublic came on. I love this song because it just makes me feel like I can do anything.
is so optimistic. I turned the volume up and felt exhilaration and motivation coursing through my veins. I sang at the top of my lungs and ignored the stares that I was getting from passing cars. Do you know what happened? I felt better! My stress melted away and I felt at peace.


When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over
when everything is out, you gotta learn to take it in.
Oh this has gotta be the good life this has gotta be the good life this could really be a good life, good life Say oh, got this feeling that you can't fight like this city is on fire tonight this could really be a good life a good, good life

So whenever you are having a bad day, can you do me a favor?
Find this song, turn it up...and breathe.
I also recommend singing....VERY loud singing...and if that doesn't work, seeing "X-Men First Class" with a good friend may cure what ails ya :)



post signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

UMMMM OKAYYY... I feel like I could have written this exact post because I have had these exact thoughts within the last 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!! Even down to the driving when the song comes on the radio and cranking it up and realizing that life is good!!!! Ahhhh we are one person Ashley.. Amazing. Favorite song evahh.


Also I feel like you should know that the radio station here replaces "LA" with "Utah" and its kinda dumb. What the heck.

Lita said...

That's so funny! I'm glad that I'm not the only ungrateful brat :p
Oh my goodness! The station here replaces "LA" with "Washington" for D.C! It's so annoying because I keep going to sing it the right way and then it says Washington! ahhhh! :)