Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

Just call me Scarlett O’Hara…….

….because I recently discovered that I am just as prone to fainting spells as she and all of the other Southern Belles were.

One fateful day….aka Friday afternoon, my bestest friend Holly and I decided to get dolled up for a fun summer photoshoot. I took extra time doing my make-up and even went to the effort of picking out a pretty summery dress for the occasion.

050

We went to a local garden and being the doe-eyed girls that we are, paid little attention to the sweltering temperature outside. We frolicked happily in the grass….really, we did…and took turns posing for the camera. Pretty soon massive amounts of sweat were dripping from every pore. It was not a pretty sight. We did not want to just turn around and go home…so we tried to make do with feeling like sweaty football players.

002

Half-way into our adventures….I started to feel a familiar feeling…the feeling of getting ready to pass out.

Exhibit A
063

I first experienced this lovely condition on vacation one year at Disney World. I was standing in line waiting to get on “The Tower of Terror” (my fave ride!) when all of a sudden, my vision started getting spotty. I kept trying to tell my dad that something wasn’t right..but the words would not come out. Finally, he got the message when I fell backward onto a man behind me! We made our way to an air-conditioned shop where Disney workers provided my dad with a WHEELCHAIR to wheel me out of the park in. I was soooo mortified…but a part of me didn’t even care. I was just happy to be getting out of the heat.

So…you can see why my heart filled with dread when I started to once again experience having the world spin around me. Holly was still taking pictures and I called out to her and informed her that I felt like I was about to faint. She I guess did not realize how serious I was, because she just continued taking pictures! I tried standing up. Bad idea. My legs buckled and I could feel myself drifting away. A million years  minutes later, Holly turned and realized that it was time to go. I did not even think that I was going to make it out on my own…I really felt that at any minute, I would collapse. Holly being the true friend that she is found a bottle of water and told me to drink. She then grabbed my purse, shoes, and other belongings and led me out of the park. I have never been soooo relieved to have air-conditioning or water in my life!

So, I guess the moral of the story is….do not attempt to be vain in 105 degree weather…but if you’re gonna do it, make sure you pick a friend that will be willing to do whatever it takes to save your life :)

028

Oh….and where is my Rhett Butler?

Quote of the Day

gordonbsacrifice

I would love to hear about your summer adventures. What is something that you love most about summer?


12 comments:

Holly said...

I love you!!!!!!! <3

Lita said...

I love you too Holly roo!!!!

Monica and Whitney said...

Your hair is gorgeous!
Ask the Duplex

Lita said...

Thank you soo much! I love your blog...roommates are truly the best for helping you out when it comes to fashion...and many other things :)

Alexis Kaye said...

i love that quote! and your pictures look awesome! I'm glad you didn't faint! how sad that you did in the happiest place on earth!

Lita said...

Me too! Gordon B. Hinckley will always hold a special place in my heart :) Oh me too! You would think Disney is the happiest place on Earth...but I have seen many screaming, mad children there that prove otherwise! Thank you so much for your comment! I'm heading over to check out your blog :)

Courtney B said...

Oh my goodness Ashley! I've never experienced fainting but it doesn't sound too pleasant! I'm glad you didn't pass out during your photo shoot :)
But you look SO gorgeous girl!!

Lita said...

Courtney...let me tell you it is the weirdest feeling. Thank you soo much and thank you for stopping by my blog! Yours is super cute :)

Amy said...

i will be your Rhett Butler.

Lita said...

HAHAHAHA Amy...that was the funniest thing ever. Ok, I accept! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! fainting is the worst, i did it senior year in my government class once.. my teacher made fun of me the rest of the year!!!

and i love that you alluded to gone with the wind. that's the best book of all time!! i love scarlett. :)

Lita said...

Oh no! I'm sorry, that is sooo awful! Gone with the Wind is probably my second favorite book after To Kill a Mockingbird....LOVE it! I would choose Rhett annyyyy day over stupid Ashley :)