Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Paula Deen’s Gooey Butter Cake

Do you feel a heart attack coming on just reading this title? Or perhaps, your mouth watered in anticipation of the yumminess that is coming!

I found this recipe the other day on Pinterest and it looked delish! You know you wanna make it…don’t lie.

gooeycake

You will need:

For the cake part:
1 18 oz pkg of yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tbsp melted butter
Filling:

1 8 oz pkg of softened cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
8 tbsp of melted butter
1 16 oz box of powdered sugar


Ok let’s do this together.

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter, and mix well with an electric mixer.

003
006 
If you get something that kinda looks like icky play-dough….you did it right!

3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.

008
011

4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.

012

5. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together.

013

6. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well.

016

7. Pour and spread the filling over the cake batter pressed bottom.


8. Bake for 40-50 minutes.

* Be sure not to over-bake because you want the center to be a little gooey…after all, it is called “gooey butter cake”! :)

020

It looks a little different than the original picture...but then again, I do not have a test kitchen and I have a lousy camera :)  It tastes delicious however, and my family is enjoying it!

025

Quote of the Day

messyhair

I sure did today...it is good that my family loves me! I'm also excited to watch "So You Think You Can Dance"! 


6 comments:

L!$@ said...

That cake definitely looks like it could give someone a heart attack...but I best it tastes amazing!!

New follower here. Cute blog...look forward to reading along :D

Lita said...

Lisa! Thank you! I always love making new friends :) Oh...yeah 2 sticks of butter is always a good sign that something will be delicious...and very fattening...but oh well! It was worth it! I'm off to check out your blog.... :)

Amy said...

oh. my. gosh. i love butter. haha

Lita said...

MAKE IT AMY! Or I'll just make it for you :)

Gentri said...

Um... I just gained ten lbs by looking at these pictures... whoops... DELICIOUS!

Lita said...

Haha Gentri it is extremely dangerous...but oh so good :)