Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Growing Pains

As you may have already figured out by reading my “faith” page, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so grateful for my faith and for the person that I am because of it. One of the reasons why I am so grateful to be LDS, is that I am constantly inspired by those that I meet to be a better person.
If you want an example of what inspires me, please watch this video :)



Great. Now I'm blubbering like a baby and struggling to see my keyboard. That video gets me every time! But seriously, how can you watch that and not be inspired? I know that if I had been in this man’s shoes, my first impulse would not have been to forgive. I am ashamed to say it….but I would have first been outraged that my family had been taken from me. Then, I would have screamed at him for driving drunk. Next, I would have been soooo filled with anger and hate, that I would want him to suffer as much as I was suffering.

Ok...please don't be afraid of me. I swear that I am a nice person!


Watching that video and hearing stories about other’s who find forgiveness inspires me. I want to learn how to be more forgiving. I want to learn when to let something go and just put it in someone else’s hands. Isn’t this the point of living though? How boring would the world be if everyone stayed the same? Instead, we get to learn from each other and grow.


Sometimes growing hurrrrts. Life is not always rainbows and butterflies. But you know what? You better believe that the most painful moments are what help us to grow the most. I know that for myself, when I have gotten over something awful, I always feel stronger. I am amazed that I have gotten through something that I felt sure would break me.
I just saw this video today and I instantly loved it.



Can you imagine being his wife and getting that phone call? How cute was he to be so polite and sweet, even though he was experiencing one of the worst days of his life? I loved that he asked his wife how she was doing and tried to remain calm and strong for her. Let me just say that if I had been in his position, I would not have been so calm, or polite. Also, how adorable is his little fam?!


I want to know what inspires you. Who/what makes you want to be a better person?




Quote of the Day


strengthen quote
Let's let it strengthen us, okay?

post signature


* If you want to see more inspirational videos, or learn more about what I believe, please go here :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Your blog is SO cute and I loved this post. Thanks for being my motivation!

Lita said...

Hey Melissa! No problem, if I like something, I have to compliment it...and what can I say, your blog is too cute :) Thank you! I'm glad that I could help motivate someone.