Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 15, 2011

From blahhhh to hot dang!

So today I was thinking about how I want to get better with budgeting and money. I’m not horrible with money….but I could definitely benefit from keeping a closer eye on how much I spend, and what I buy. If you are like me, cute things are always more fun to use.

For example, why have a borrring check-book that looks like this:

check book

When you can have one that looks like this:

012
Isn’t that soooo much better?
I decided that maybe I would be more motivated to balance my check-book, if I had some eye-candy to look at while doing it :)
If you wanna make one for yourself, it is supaaa easy.


Materials 

1. One hot-mess of a check book
2. Some pretty fabric
3. Mod podge/ hot glue
4. Some cute buttons/ flower


Directions

1. Ok, take that aforementioned hot-mess of a check book, and cut your fabric to fit.


check book
I’m sorry, but I do not have a picture of this step, because it didn’t occur to me to do a tutorial until after I made the darn thing! But, you're a smart cookie, I'm sure you can figure it out without my grainy pictures :)  
*Note to self: Get a nice camera!

2. Next, mod-podge your fabric on top of the yucky checkbook and you will get something that looks like this.

008

3. Ok…so that is a definite improvement, but it needed a little somthin’ somthin’.

4. I decided to just find some coordinating buttons to add, but a rolled flower would be just as cute!


5. Hot glue those suckers on and you're done!


005


There ya go! You are now the proud owner of a cute little checkbook :)

....Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to write down the damage that I’ve done to my bank account lately. I only have to catch up from the last few months....ok year....


010

Quote of the Day

home quote


Happy Checking :)


No comments: