Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wanderlust



Wanderlust  noun  "A strong, innate desire to rove or travel about".


Have you ever just had the urge to pick up and leave?

Maybe drive someone coastal and just walk around barefoot........feeling the grainy sand between your toes?

Or maybe, a desire to go to some remote cabin where you can build a monstrous bonfire and sip hot cocoa while you listen to the wood crackle. (ok....I must admit that this one is a little less desired during the month of October...creepy serial killers hunting you in the middle of nowhere? No thanks.)

I feel a little restless.

I want to have an amazing adventure.

You may not know this about me, but a huge part of me longs for the unexpected.

I am the girl that will try to pressure you to stay out just a little longer with me and go for a midnight IHOP run.

I am the friend that will convince you to skip town with me for the weekend....a weekend spent staying up late, laughing, eating, and sharing secrets, crushes, and stupid dramas.

I am a contradiction.

I long for stability, but I crave excitement and spontaneity.

I like to know where I stand with people, but I love for them to surprise me.


I love tough, brave guys; but I appreciate romantic softies that listen when I talk...and don't think I am crazy for crying at the end of Toy Story 3.


True story.

Sometimes I just want to veg on the couch while watching repeats of "Say Yes To The Dress". Other-times, I want to get all dressed up and have a rockin' dance party.

Sometimes, I feel that I get swallowed up in this great big world.

I feel that I am not reaching milestones that I should at this point in my life.

I feel that I am being lapped.


I look at where some of my friends are in their lives right now, and I feel that I am being left behind.

But you know what? That is okay.

I am working on finding my own version of happiness.....and I have to admit that my version is pretty darn great.

What works for one person will not work for me because I am different.

I have different goals, dreams, and expectations.

It's like what that old Lee Ann Womack song that is a staple on old radio stations says: 


I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger 
May you never take one single breath for granted 
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small 
When you stand by the ocean 
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens 
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance 
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance 
I hope you dance I hope you dance 

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance 
Never settle for the path of least resistance 
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake 
But it's worth making 
Don't let some hell bent heart 
Leave you bitter 
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider 
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance 
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance 
I hope you dance 

Life is short, enjoy it.

People come into your life, love them.

Never lose your hunger for adventure and knowledge.


Always look at the world with wonder and amazement.

The world is a beautiful place and has soooo much to offer :)


Quote of the Day


Who wants to go on an adventure with me? 


I'm pretty fun :)


post signature

5 comments:

Amy said...

I do!

I love homebody Ashley and I love party-time Ashley too. And ps: you are not being lapped, you are doing awesome. :)

Anjelica said...

I swear Ashley, sometimes you put the things I am feeling into words, when I cannot.

I cried at the end of Toy Story 3 too, it was just. so. good.

And I would def go somewhere with you! I think we would be good friends!

Holly said...

I like this post. It makes a lot of sense, especially the part about sometimes feeling like you're being left behind by your peers. I'm the same way. :S

Holly said...

I like this post. It makes a lot of sense, especially the part about sometimes feeling like you're being left behind by your peers. I'm the same way. :S

Emily Sarah Brooks said...

I would just like to stick this whole post in " " and put it on my blog. You captured my own wanderlust so well :)

Let's hang out sometime and have an adventure. Yeah? Yeah.