Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 5, 2011

Boy meets world 4 evahhhhhh

I was chilling on Pinterest this afternoon (have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? ….because I reallllly do!) when I came across this picture and quote from Boy Meets World, I just had to share it with you for two reasons.

1. I used to LOVE Boy Meets World

and

2. This quote is adorable and rings true of what I think love is :)

corey and tampanga 

Corey is talking to his mom about what he thinks love is. He says:

“Mom, listen, I haven’t been together with Topanga for 22 years, but we have been together for 16. That’s a lot longer than most couples have been together. I mean, when we were born, you told me that we used to take walks in our strollers together around the block. When we were two, we were best friends. I mean, I knew everything about this girl. I knew her favorite color, her favorite food. Then we became six, Eric made fun of me because it wasn’t cool to have a best friend that was a girl, or even know a girl. So for the next seven years I threw dirt at her. I like to call those “the lost years”. Then when I was thirteen mom, she pushed me up against my locker and she kissed me. I mean, she gave me my first kiss. She taught me how to dance. She was always talking about these crazy things and I never understood a word she said. All I understood was that she was the girl I sat up every night thinking about, and when I’m with her, I feel happy to be alive. Like I can do anything. Even talk to you like this. So that’s what I think love is mom. When I’m better because she’s here.”

Sigh…How perfect is that? I love this because I have always felt this way about love. I have heard it said that you know you are in love when the other person makes you want to be better. When they inspire you to be kinder, more hardworking, more sincere. You are in love when you cannot even remember what your life was like before that person came along. Now, I know that sounds dramatic and cheesy….but isn’t it true?

I think that one of the reasons why there is so much divorce and unfaithfulness in the world, is because people stop doing those things that made them fall in love with each other in the first place. They stop inspiring each other to be better. They stop working together and teaching each other.

 I am not currently in a serious relationship, but from past experience, I know that relationships take work. I hope and pray that when I reach the point where I am with the man that I’m going to marry, I will always remember that. I hope that I remember to appreciate my husband for who he is and not fault him for who he is not. Marriage will certainly not be easy, but it will be soooo worth it!

Quote of the Day

somedaysomeonewillwalkintoyourlife

What is one of your favorite quotes about love, or the best piece of advice you’ve received?


4 comments:

L!$@ said...

So cheesy but definitely worth a read :D You find such awesome quotes!

Amy said...

so cute...sigh... I used to watch Boy Meets world every single day in middle school.... it was so tender.

Lita said...

I know, I know. I just couldn't help but be cheesy today. I had to say what I felt. The good, the bad, and the cheesy :) But, I will not apologize for my love of Boy Meets World, it's a classic!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I loved this show:-)