Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 29, 2011

My First Blog Swap!


Hi there cuties! 

Today I am doing my very first blog swap with my dear friend Amy. I first met Amy during my Freshman Year of College. She was one of my roommates and we have been close ever since...and we will be for the rest of our lives fo' sho! Amy is the girl behind the blog "Happily Ever Now". You guys are in for a treat because she is super funny and witty. I almost pee my pants from reading her blog! Now, without furthur ado, I present the amazingly awesome Amy :)


Helloooo... My name is Amy and I am here blog-swapping with Ashley today! My blog is called "Happily Ever Now," because I've always loved stories that begin with "once upon a time" and end with "and they lived happily ever after."

Except that most stories in real life don't go that way. In fact, most of my life is composed of awkward stories. And I mean, really awkward. So I write about them, and call it my happily ever NOW. Don't forget to head over there to read Ashley's post for the day! Now, please enjoy this story about Ashley and I and our freshman roomies. You may just be surprised at the shenanigans your favorite "hopeless romantic" can get into. ;)


We were 18 years old. It was a Saturday night. We were college freshman with nothing to do. Something crazy was bound to happen.

And it did.

Oh, did it ever.

Four of us new freshman roommates took off to explore the empty BYU campus late at night. It began with running around, taking funny pictures, and climbing on things like statues, light poles and library skylights. Straight hoodlums, I tell ya.

Eliza, Kirsi, Ashley and me... we thought we were the coolest.
Then, an idea unfolded. And it involved putting our beloved, hopelessly romantic Ashley.... in a recycling bin. So we did.



Don't worry. It was cleaner than a garbage can would have been. We assume.

Why Ashley? She was the shortest one of the group, duh! With some assistance from all of us and lots of laughter (and maybe even hysterical tears? I don't remember... but it's likely) we crammed cute little A-shizzle into that recycling bin and began to wheel her around.



It may sound dumb. But we laughed as if it was the funniest thing us freshman had ever done in our lives. Kirsi was the ringleader. She's the innocent on the surface, crazy prankster underneath type of person. And I was pretty nervous we were going to get in huge trouble from the BYU police and end up shamed in the Police Beat. Now that I think back, that would have been kind of awesome.

After wheeling Ashley around a bit and shrieking and laughing in the darkness of campus, the plot thickened.

We decided to leave her out in the middle of a courtyard. With the lid closed.


And then we decided to go a safe distance away, hide behind some trees, and wait....



When a random couple on a date began to approach, or a group of friends walking home came near, the anticipation would build. Those of us hiding behind the tree would giggle and squirm and grab each other.... and then we'd call Ashley's cell phone...

And then we would count down for her.

"RAWRRRRR!!!!" Ashley yelled each time, pouncing from under the lid of her cozy bin with the fierceness of a deranged bear/ homeless person. Screams echoed across campus as romantic couples ran for their lives, students had anxiety attacks and unfortunate passers-by jumped in terror. As one cute couple were attacked by Ashley, the man actually screamed out like a little girl in a haunted house, while his date stayed calm. Sometimes I wonder if that affected their relationship...

The madness continued, as Ashley kept popping back down in her recycling bin until just the right moment, screaming and "rawrr"-ing every time someone passed as shrieks filled the air and we laughed til our stomachs were sore. It went on until Ashley tipped herself over, and then we decided to head home.

So now you know the truth about Ashley: she's romantic, she's domestic, she's kind, and she's gorgeous. She bakes more than any other college student I know and she always cries at the cute parts in movies. But she's also more than a little crazy, and she enjoys scaring people from recycling bins late at night. And I feel like you should respect her even more for that. :)

I told you that she is awesome! I am so lucky to have such a great friend to be crazy with :) No go on over and show Amy some love and read my post of course :) 



5 comments:

Kailee said...

Hahaha that is the funniest story EVER! I'm definitely going to have to try this trick sometime ;)

smashley said...

SO funny. you rocked that story amy!

Lita said...

Kailee! Do it! I almost peed my pants when the guy that was on a date screamed. It seriously sounded like a girl and I felt soooooo bad for making him look less manly!

Swirls of Happy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!!! Yours is so fun to read also!!! XXO

L!$@ said...

That is hilarious! and totally something I would do :D Oh the fun to be had late at night!! :D