Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My day was craptastic thank you, how about yours?



Craptastic= A state of something being marked by major disasters, breakdowns, and just plain crap.

Have you ever had a day that makes you want to just sit down and cry?

Or, if you're too mad to cry, a day that makes you want to curl up into a little ball in your baggiest sweatpants...preferably with chocolate?

If not, let me show you what such a day looks like:

You know that you're headed towards a craptastic day when your days merge together. 

You look at the clock and realize that it is 2 am. You are already on Wednesday's time, and it is already going by way too fast.

You're attempting to complete one of the worst assignments you have ever been given.

Because you do not curse, you start making up other polite, mature names to call your professor like "jerk-face", "devil", and my personal favorite "fetcher".

You then realize as you say the last one out loud.....you are probably in need of some serious repentance since you are still in essence cursing....only with less gross sounding words.

First disaster.

After being emotionally and physically drained....and now having your spiritual well-being in jeopardy, you decide that it is time to go to bed.

You vow to wake-up early to finish your hw before class.

So, your alarm goes of at 7, reminding you of your promise.

Pretty soon, it is time for your 10:00 Stats lecture, but your assignment that is due at 11:00, is still incomplete.

So, you do the only thing your frazzled little mind can think of.

The Stats lecture is skipped as you continue to work on your fetching project.

Sorry, that was out of line.

Second disaster.

Pretty soon it is time to go hand the assignment in.

You rush to your closet. 

Grab a shirt.

Throw your hair back in a messy braid and vow not to look in the mirror because your reflection, and by yours, I really mean my reflection, is truly frightening.

So, you walk around campus the whole dang day, feeling and looking like a hot mess.

To top it all off, usually during a craptastic day, you have been sick with the worst cold all week, so you are mentally fuzzy and physical yucky.

I'm talking coughing, snot, and puffy eyes.

Not pretty.

The day progresses.

The coughing continues the snot keeps coming (tmi?), and finally sneezing is added to the mix.

Eventually, you are no longer the annoying coughing girl in every class and your nose ceases to function as a faucet.  

You are in the clear....or are you?

You think to yourself "you know what, you only have one more class....I think you're safe, Nothing else will go wrong".

Third disaster.

Note to all: Never challenge the universe. You will be sorry.

Finally, you're sitting in your last class which happens to be a sewing class.

Your teacher is talking to the class about the upcoming project you will be working on.

She mentions that you should not buy plaid for your fabric because it is too hard to deal with for your beginning class.

Crap. Crappity crap.

What kind of fabric did you buy the day before?

Oh yeah, plaid fabric.

Of course, you know you cannot return said fabric because you have already gotten it prepped for class.

You silently scream as you realize your project will now be more time-confusing, stressful, and marked by disaster than it already was.

Luckily though, you were not the pathetic person in this story. I was.

In short, today has been a train wreck of a day, but I am still standing.

[Universe: That was not a challenge, merely a statement.]


Quote of the Day


Jeeze....I guess I will try again tomorrow.

Please tell me your day was better than mine?

post signature

9 comments:

Suze said...

Aw I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day!! Tomorrow will be better. You got this.

Lita said...

Suze thank you so much! I know, that's what I keep telling myself :)You just gotta keep pressing on!

L!$@ said...

Oh dear! I hate those days! Nothing seems to go right and you start to get nasty...well I do anyway. Not a pretty sight at all. Hope today is better!

Holly said...

I love you!!!! You are amazing and I think you are beautiful no matter what kind of day you are having. <3

Lita said...

Lisa= I know. The only positive is telling myself that tomorrow is a new day.

Holly= Aw thanks :) You always help me to feel better. Thanks for being so worried about me and checking up on me everyday :) We should have dinner together tomorrow and work on our stats hw!

his little lady said...

aww, i'm sorry girl! i hope that your days are getting better! that top picture is hilarious though, so creative! and trust me, i believe we all have those days of everything just going wrong. it will get better , i promise!
xo TJ

The Golden Girls said...

ahahahah this made me laugh!
and your sweet comment made my day!!! :)
xx
Golden White Décor

Denise Pacurar said...

I hate the days when everything seems to go wrong!!! However, your post did make me laugh... you have a great writing style! When reading it, I could imagine you telling me this!

xoxo Denise

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! i hate days like that. i'm glad you came out of it alive!